Qualified Dental Nurse vacancy at Evesham Dental Health Team
Do you enjoy caring for people and value dental health?
Can you communicate well and multi-task in a busy environment while remaining calm under pressure?
Do you love to make the extra effort to help people and deliver a 5-star service?
We are a forward-thinking private practice with a team of 22 dental health professionals. We offer our patients quality dental care and treatment choices, and receive referrals for implants, All-on-4, 3D CBCT scans, sedation and other restorative treatments. We invest in the latest technology and team training to create a favourable working environment.
We are looking for an experienced dental nurse who can provide a dual role of treatment coordinator with Extended Dental health Nurse duties, and role of treatment nurse, with the dentists and hygienists. You need to be well organised and confident using a computer.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good communication skills
· Suitable level of physical fitness for some aspects of the role (going up and down stairs and standing for long periods)
· Ability to work in small teams, listening and contributing towards decision-making and practice success
· A positive, non-judgemental & open-minded attitude
· A standard of English literacy and numeracy to meet the demands of the job
Well presented, good timekeeper, professional and caring attitude.
· GCSE grade A-C in English and Mathematics (or equivalent) required
· UK Dental Nursing qualification required
· Dental Radiography for DCP qualification preferred, or the ability to start studying for the qualification immediately.
Opportunities for further training and qualifications include Oral Health Education, Implant and Sedation nursing.
Extended Dental Health Nurse duties include:
· To use intra-oral camera to demonstrate areas of concern in the patient’s mouth.
· To take and print digital clinical photographs e.g. before and after tooth whitening.
· To explain recommended treatment to patient using sensitive language and audio-visual aids (e.g. DDSGP animation, photographs, models etc).
· To review patient’s oral health home care techniques, apply disclosing liquid and advise at recall appointments.
· To discuss home care regime and diet with family at a child’s exam appointment.
· To demonstrate home tooth whitening technique to patient and dispense kit.
· To take impressions, make models and whitening trays and soon to progress to digital format with Primescan and 3D printer.
· Characterisation and glazing of CEREC crowns
· To apply patient’s soft plaque sample to the bacterial microscope, explain bacteria present and causes of periodontal disease.
· To run consulting room independently, calling through the dentist at appropriate times during the patient appointment or handing over care of patient to a colleague for further treatment.
· To co-ordinate New Patient Comprehensive Assessments and Dental Health Review appointments
You will be working in a busy medical environment so must be prepared for the practices carried out in this setting.
One or two evenings working until 7.30pm with half or full days off depending on hours. Occasional Saturday mornings until 1.30pm.
We would like to hear from all suitable full time or part time candidates. We offer a highly competitive rate of pay depending on qualifications, experience and skills.
· staff Dental Membership Plan
· bonus scheme
· We cover your professional Indemnity within the dentist’s cover and pay for your GDC registration
· We pay for your continuing professional development
· uniform provided
Salary range £12.55 - £13.38 per hour depending on experience and skills.
Please contact Lorna (practice manager) on office line 01386 424555 or mobile 07905 329416 evening & weekends to request more information and an application form.
You can also send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Evesham Dental Health Team, 16 Broadway Road, Evesham, Worcestershire WR11 1BG
Find out more about the practice at www.eveshamdental.co.uk